On the 8th October earlier this month, Shills has organized Meet the Beauty Bloggers session located in their outlet, Berjaya Times Square.
They have given us the celebrity-like ambiance where we get to sign on a board specially for the event and many familiar faces around too. They have 20 bloggers around for the event.
Here is the emcee for the occasion and I forgot what’s his name. He started by introducing Shills, they also carry along the brand Anosa and Dot.Dot and all of them came from Taiwan. However for this occasion, only Shills and Anosa has been mentioned. However, the air circulation needs improvement as its stuffy and very warm.
The Black Charcoal Pore Clarifying Series is one of their best sellers. I have tried their black mask (received from BTS Fashion Show Gala Night) and I’ve got to admit that it is good because I could feel my skin is clearer, less oily and gives temporary fairness. It has way too much of essence in the mask sachet and I actually reserved the essence as part of my skincare regime.
The other two best sellers are Shills Miracle-Lift Body Contour Control and Anosa Fit Patch. Honestly, I haven’t try any of these two. They are mainly for slimming purposes, the one by Shills is in liquid formula which also helps on body contouring, while the one by Anosa comes in patch where you stick them on targeted areas.
Ms Eva, the Shills Makeup and Skincare Artist demonstrated with their Bio-Active Stem Cell Combat range on a model. Her model has uneven skin tone, fine lines and puffiness on the under eye and age spots on her upper cheek area. The product is mainly for matured skin and for those who wants to prevent signs of aging. Here is what she did:
- Apply using the essence with upward motions, this is to promote blood circulation and lifting.
- With the eye treatment, she applied by gliding the cream on the model’s under eye area gently and pressed lightly on the pressure points. After this application, she measured the model’s skin moisture level (she did before she started too) which show a positive result.
- She applied the Dewy BB Cream (which I forgotten to snap a photo of it). It is said that this BB cream has a formula which able to self-adjust to any skin tone.
- Lastly, she set the bb cream with Anti-UV Rays Face Cake. This face cake comes with SPF50 PA+++.
This is the result from the demonstration. On the right is before and left is after. As you can see, her skin tone is even out lightly and her eye area has been brighten up. However, her age spot is still evident. In between in the demonstration, we are given testers to try on the product. I’ll just share my 2 cents of the products.
- Essence – Comes in a pump bottle but the essence is way too watery that it tend to splat when you dispense. It’s very lightweight and easy to absorb.
- Eye treatment – Cream based that comes in a small jar where you just need a tiny amount during the application. It’s not too oily by its texture.
- Dewy BB Cream – Though it has self-adjusting skin tone formula, I’m still not convinced because when Elle tested on the back of her hand, it still result in ghastly shade even in a tiny amount. It provides light and natural coverage, hence it explains the visibility of the model’s age spot. According to Eva, this BB cream isn’t build-able.
- Anti-UV Rays Face Cake – Comes in compact where it has four complementary shades which also can be multi-purpose because the darkest shade can be used as contouring. I did not try this as the compact given to us to have a look upon is new and untouched, not too sure if I should actually dip my finger in.
There are three ‘coming soon’ Shills products introduced to us which is 5°C Ice Whitening Skin Renewal Spray, Cherry Blossom Instant Pink Essence and 3M Bubble Body Scrub. Again, we are given the opportunity to try the products.
- 5°C Ice Whitening Skin Renewal Spray – it gives an increment of 5°C on the area where you sprayed. Suitable to use all over your body including your face. It claims to hydrate, tighten pores and has oil control properties. Available for MYR 69.00 of 250ml.
My verdict: Sprayed on arm and I could feel the chill for just mere seconds. It looked like a layer of frosted ice on my arm and once I spread it, its all absorb onto my skin. It’s hydrating, other than that I can’t explain more.
- Cherry Blossom Instant Pink Essence – you can apply this on your lips or nipples as it helps to repair, hydrate and instantly turns pink. It comes in two little tubes of 2 in 1 essence and instant pink essence. Available for MYR 79.00 of 8ml each tube.
My verdict: I wasn’t interested to test this because I’ve used similar product with same functions more than 4 years ago and I know how it works. It uses the same main ingredient as well. I find that this takes more trouble as it is separated in two tubes.
- 3M Bubble Body Scrub – it comes in a mousse formula and it helps to exfoliate dead skin cells especially areas like elbow, knee and darken skin. It also helps to draw out excess oil and impurities. Available for MYR 79.00 of 250ml.
My verdict: I tested this on my arm and I rubbed it in after dispensing. To my surprise, it formed lots of black debris and was told by Eva, it contains charcoal. However, it wasn’t a big surprise anymore because most people received the same result. I reckon that this product will hit its bottom fast because of its texture.
This event ended with a tea session in Sakae Sushi and I’ll be sharing it on my next post (as requested by Shills).