I always love to look at baked eye shadows, they always come in hemisphere shape which made it looked cute. Initially, I thought these where the Maybelline HyperCosmos Eye Shadow until I look carefully and noticed that this Maybelline Hyper Cosmos Trio Eye Shadow. Definitely different because the earlier version only comes with 2 shades and this comes with 3. I received 2 shades to play with and let me also share with you a short tutorial.
‘The latest eye shadow from Maybelline New York is your must-have to copy the hot metallic look that is trending on the runway. a marbleized baked eye shadow, Hypercosmos TRIO Eyeshadow finishes off with a unique 3D effect and stunning metallic finish. It’s formula of unique pure color pigments and uncrushed pearls enhances eyes with intense shine and shimmer. Available in four shades, each one with a unique coloe finish: 01 Coppered Mars, 02 Venus Gold, 04 Pinky Comet and 05 Galactic Purple.
Hyper TRIO Eyeshadow is made up of three sections – primary, highlighter and liner – providing you with a fool proof application. First, apply the primary shade on you upper lid, concentrating on the outer corners. Then use the highlighter shade at the brow bone. Apply the liner shade along your lashes to create more intensity.’
This shade is known as Venus Gold where it showcases warm golden tones complimenting with black eye shadow. It has pearl finish which reflects light very much and creates that dimension.
Here let me share just a simple tutorial using Venus Gold.
- The largest section from the eye shadow will be the primary and apply it all over the eyelid.
- Mixing the primary and the second largest section, liner and apply at the outer corner of the eyes.
- The highlighter will be the smallest section, apply it underneath the brows.
- Apply liner with an angled brush over the lash line and use your favourite pencil liner (I’m using Maybelline Colossal Kajal) line upper and lower waterline as well as mascara.
The final look doesn’t look too overpowering, it can still be worn during the day and I paired it with softer lip color shade.
The other shade I have here is Galatic Purple whereby from the name, I was expecting more purple tones yet it has more pinks to it except for the liner.
This look will be on the fun side since the liner shade is purple.
- Apply the primary onto the eyelid.
- Apply the highlighter under the brows.
- Mix primary and liner together and apply at the outer corner of the eyes.
- Wet the angled brush and dip into the liner, start lining on your lash line and extend it. Apply your favorite mascara.
This look is much more playful as it is not the usual black or brown eye liner. I forgot to apply a lip color here, best to go with bright pink lips and the entire look will be more bright and bold.
Though the shape of the eye shadow looks cute and all, it wasn’t as pigmented as I thought it would be. In the swatches it looks like it is quite opaque because I rub in the eye shadow vigorously before swatching it into my hands. You can actually see it from the tutorial that the eye shadows is not as opaque as it seems. The pearl effect is definitely there as it could stay up the entire day and giving the 3 dimensional effect. Definitely can be played around with the shades depending on your preference.
Price: MYR 29.90
Availability: National leading pharmacies, selective departmental stores, super and hypermarkets.
- 3 dimensional effect
- Easy to use
- Complimentary combination shades
- Not as opaque as it seems
My Rating: 3.5/5
~ ♦ ~
This eye shadows was provided by Maybelline for review purposes, kindly refer disclaimer.xoxo,