Just last Saturday, I managed to squeeze into a spot to Sharp Plasmacluster Malaysia x Kosé Sekkisei workshop. This workshop is to prepare everyone who attend to get ready for the coming Chinese New Year celebration to look radiant and luminous not only on the skin but also to achieve that healthy flowing hair.
The workshop was held at Fresca Mexican Bar & Kitchen, located in The Gardens City Mall and there’s two session to choose which one is held in the morning and another in the evening. Upon registration, I was given a red packet filled with a number for lucky draw and a sample sachet of Kosé Seikisho Exfoliating Massage Gel. I find my way to the corner of the restaurant where the workshop was held. On the table for every seat placed a mirror, hair clip, bip, pencil, paper and Kosé Sekkisei booklet. Also sitting on the table is the Kosé Sekkisei basic range.
This is Jo, one of the beauty trainer from Kosé. She was the speaker to explain how we could take care of our skin further not only just on the outside but deep within. It includes the pattern of our daily lifestyle, diet and skin regime. It takes a lot of effort to be pretty too!
- For a healthy and beautiful skin, it should be bright, translucent, sheer, moisturized, supple and firm with great elasticity. Under a skin scope or analyzer, a healthy and beautiful skin texture should be in plumped triangular shape.
- There are many factors contributing to our skin deterioration such as unbalanced diet, polluted environment, lack of sleep, age factor, stress and poor skin care regimen. As a result, our skin becomes dehydrated, rough, dull, yellow with dark spots.
- The journey to beautiful skin with Kosé is simplly by using this pyramid. Begin with daily physical activities, one should consume sufficient water, fruits and vegetables, exercise, protect from harmful UV rays and catch enough sleep. Keep up with the daily basic skin care where we should always cleanse, moisturize and protect. Also if you have special skin problem to treat, use the daily special care. Lastly on the weekend, treat yourself with mask to boost the healthiness of your skin.
- Featuring their star product and best seller, Kosé Sekkisei Lotion (even my BFF swears by it) that is suitable for all skin types. It helps to brighten, provide translucency, balances moisture and oil secretion, calms skin from sun exposure, tighten pores and even out skin tone. The lotion can be use as mask which helps to boost 10 times more moisture to your skin.
- There are 9 skin benefits by using Kosé Sekkisei Lotion as mask which is translucency, better penetration, moisturizing, tighten pores, relaxing, firmness, elasticity , evenness and whitening.
It’s not just about listening to Jo on the benefits of Kosé Sekkisei, every participant get to experience it by using the skin care itself. Yup, all of us were cleansing and treating our skin in the public using their basic skin care that we should at least practice to maintain skin youthfulness. Let me share with you each step with the product that we have used with the guide and help of Kosé beauty trainers who stood nearby us.
Kosé Sekkisei Cleansing Cream
‘Gentle-to-skin amino acid-based mild acid cleanser. Quickly removes only impurity while leaving moisture on the skin. Formulated with whitening and moisturizing oriental herbal extracts. (Coix seed, Angelica, Melothria). It relaxes the skin that has been hardened, rough-surface and dulled by the UV-rays and dehydration. Recommended for night use only.’
First step prior to our skin regime is cleansing. If you have any makeup on, it is highly recommended to remove them first. This cleansing cream may seem thick but it glides and spreads easily on the skin. As for me, it does feel awkward to use cream-based cleanser and to worry if it could be too rich for my combination skin. Once applied the cream on the face, gently massage the cream in circular motion. The massage will help the cream to penetrate moisture into the skin and soften it
Kosé Sekkisei Lotion
‘Its light and refreshing after-feel allows for lavish usage. Moisturizes dry skin as well as locks in moisture giving dull skin a more translucent feature. Application of this lotion with lotion Mask (sold separately) enhances moisture diffusion rate, moisturizing deep within and brightening the complexion. Recommended to use day and night.’
Their lotion is THE star product or their best seller. Though it is known as lotion, it acts like a toner and provides higher moisture level. There is no need to use toner before using this lotion as it works all in one. The lotion can be also used as daily mask which is to soak the tablet mask with the lotion. Leave the mask on the face for 20 minutes and continue with the rest of the skin care regime. An instantaneous result achieved of softer, smoother and plumper skin, at least I think it does!
Kosé Sekkisei Emulsion
‘Contains a moisture balance polymer that keeps the moisture balance at its optimum with accordance to climatic seasons and skin type. Continous hydration allows for a comfortable feel. Inhibits melanin production while preventing UV-related skin pigmentations such as blotches and freckles as weel as dry skin. Recommended to use day and night.’
The emulsion acts almost like a moisturizer, nevertheless the texture is much lighter. It helps to lock-in and retain the moisture that we earlier pump into our skin to keep it supple and firm at all times. Kosé do recommend using facial pads instead of fingers for hygienic purposes, just pump onto the facial pad and gently wipe it all over the skin.
Kosé Sekkisei White BB Cream
‘Cares for the skin while covering blemishes and dullness. A whitening BB cream with oriental plant extracts.
- Hides blemishes to give even & natural coverage
- Brightens skin to look lit from within
- Lightweight texture spreads easily & smoothly
- Cares for skin with oriental plant extracts & UV-A and UV-B protection
- Time-saving, long-lasting, non-cakey, hydrating
- Mineral-oil free’
This BB cream is yet to be available over Kosé counters but they will be on April 2014. It comes in two shades of 01 and 02. The shade that I have here is 02 which gives a natural shade whilst 01 is for skin that is very fair. It can be use right after the emulsion as it comes with SPF40, great for day use to protect your skin from UVA and UVB. I’m not fond of BB creams but I do think that this BB cream texture is light and the coverage is buildable from sheer to medium.
Kosé Sekkisei Supreme Loose Powder
‘Loose powder that boosts translucency with moisture-rich effect with pure white powder akin to powder snow.
- The Inner Luminance Powder creates shine that comes from within the skin and brings moisture-rich translucency
- The Hexagonal Powder spreads smoothly like silk and creates an even, supple finish. In addition, it adheres well to skin without leaving the skin powdery.
- Powder with Pore Soft Focus effect allows unevenness to be less visible and creates brightly-toned skin
- High sebum absorption maintains a beautiful finish
- Blocks UV-rays during the day and ends the day with a matt and well-blended finish by balancing and combining various UV-ray-preventing powders
- Blocks UV-rays and prevents freckles and dark spots caused by the sun with SPF12/PA++
- Refreshing Oriental herb fragrance’
The loose powder comes into action to set the BB cream in place. The texture is light and fine which felt as though I have not applied anything on my face. I do notice that the loose powder has slight shimmer in it which may not be favorable for those who have combination to oily skin types. Although the powder is white, its translucent and self-adjust to the skin tone.
In the midst of us applying BB Cream, Kosé shared with us what makeup we could go for this Chinese New Year as the celebration is coming soon. For this CNY, its great to go with pink with gold sparkles and a light touch of red for the eye makeup. As for the face makeup, it is recommended to use highlight to achieve that further skin glow. Any soft pink lip color will compliment the entire look.
Mr Faizal Chew, Manager of Sharp PCI (Plasmacluster Technology) Segment Malaysia introduced 3 types of hairdryer that can never make our hair crispy dry. With the Plasmacluster Technology, the hair dryer will help to retain moisture and reduce statics on our hair. Ever heard of hair dryers that helps to dry your hair without drying your hair?
- IB-HD73 – Comes in black and pink where the dimension measures at 21.3cm x 8.9cm x 22.3cm. The power consumption for this is 2000w which provide the strongest performance of all three. Diffuser comes as one of the accessory to accommodate for those with curly hair. This is priced at MYR499.00.
- IFPB1S – Currently this comes in pink only measuring at 21.8cm x 8.9cm x 22.2cm. The power consumption for this is 1600w and provided with concentrator nozzle for precise direct air flow. This is great for home use and with the foldable function makes it easier to keep it. Priced at MYR359.00.
- IB-HD52 – Running on the power consumption of 1600W, this comes in pink and grey. It is much smaller as to compare the two of the above, measuring at 19.8cm x 8.9cm x 15.8cm and this size is travel savvy. In addition to that, it is foldable that helps to save space. This also comes with a concentrator nozzle, priced at MYR399.00.
A question that Mr Faizal Chew that has enlighten us is ‘When do we use hot and cold air of the hair dryer?’. It never come across to me that when it should be used because I usually dry my hair with the maximum heat and cold to cool my hair when it gets too hot. Overheating our hair will lead to damage and dry hair, that’s what most people would say not to use hair dryer on a daily basis (and I do). Hot air is great to dry, cold air is great to set and shape the hair. For these hairdryers, it comes in additional setting which is ‘set’ where the right temperature of 45°C.
Here is partial of their brochure for more information of what this hairdryer does and the comparison of a typical hairdryer and Sharp Plasmacluster Conditioning Hair Dryer. Basically with the plasmacluster technology, it protects and cares better for the hair.
Some of the participants of the workshop gets to try the hair dryer and find that their hair is much smoother, less frizzy and shinier than before. Only on the left side of the participants were blown with Sharp Plasmacluster Conditioning Hair Dryer and you can be the judge to compare from the photo above.
Remember that I mentioned earlier that everyone was given a red packet during registration? Time to use the number at the end of the workshop where Jo was drew numbers of 2 lucky participants to bring home Kosé Sekkisei skin care and another wins Sharp Plasmacluster Conditioning Hair Dryer. Luck didn’t side on me which is fine and congratulations to the winners!
Kosé had an exclusive promotion just for the day itself for participants who enjoyed and experienced the benefits of their products. If you would like be updated with their latest product updates or maybe another workshop, give like to Kosé Facebook below.
Don’t forget to share your love with Sharp Plasmacluster Malaysia by liking their Facebook below too! You’ll be updated with their latest technology available and promotions!