How was everyone’s Valentine’s celebration? I hope you had lots of fun no matter who you go out with or where you went. The title makes it sounds more ironic and of course, I did had a warm cozy date with my lover *giggles*. Calling my boyfriend as my lover sounds more intimate, eh?
The celebration was nothing grand but it’s one of the most romantic night spent. We had great food by his house porch and we had starters till dessert!Let’s see what we had…
As a starter, we had creamy mushroom soup (forgot to take a photo of it) and seafood with white wine.
How to prepare Seafood with White Wine:
- Seal the seafood with garlic and fresh thyme over the pan with olive oil
- Wrap all of it in foil and before sealing it add white wine to taste
- Grill with charcoal
The main dish is Flaming Grilled Lamb Shoulder with blue cheese dip.
How to prepare Flaming Grilled Lamb Shoulder:
- Seal the lamb over the pan with fresh thyme and a little salt to taste
- Grill lamb over charcoal
- Blue Cheese Dip: combine blue cheese with mayonnaise and mix till even
We have side dishes that came around too, there’s fresh salad with pork belly strips and lemon-mayo and Bratwurst.
How to prepare Fresh Salad with Pork Belly Strips and Lemon Mayo:
- Pork Belly Strips (it tasted like bacon!)
- Rub it with a pinch of salt on each side, don’t overdo it or else it will be too salty
- Grill over charcoal
- Fresh Salad
- Combine any of your favorite fresh salad, here I’ve used lettuce, rocket, tomatoes and cucumber
- Toss it in a bowl
- Place pork belly strips over the salad
- Lemon Mayo
- Combine lemon juice with mayonnaise. The amount of lemon juice is up to individuals depending how sour you want it to be.
There’s nothing much to prepare on Bratwurst, it’s just another type of hotdog we love.
With our glass standing tall filled with white wine and as for our dessert, Tiramisu French Vanilla Passion ice cream. We didn’t make these of course, everything was so delicious! From start till the end, it went quite well except about one or two pieces of our lamb got charred but could you believe it that we had five pieces of lambs?
Though it might look simple but we share so much love there. The moment we begin from our plans on cooking, looking out for ingredients, preparing it, cooking it together and toasting our wine for the day. Those small and hidden gestures are the love surrounded us that matters and our 8th year anniversary is coming soon. The food was really mouth watering and made my lover’s rotweiler was dripping her saliva when we looked at her!
How was your celebration?xoxo,