When Biotherm shared in their Facebook about having to run sessions with their Training and Education Manager, Michelle Tay, I called up and book a space almost immediately. I was interested to learn how else more that I can improve my skin and Biotherm has been a reputable brand over the years. With this session they are introducing their new serum, Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum.
Image Courtesy of Biotherm Facebook
The pampering session was held in three locations, two in Kuala Lumpur and one in Johor. For those who is in Johor, you can still book your spot because it will be held end of this month.
Before we start on the session, we were introduced with the new Biotherm Aquasource Deep Serum. This serum has 3 times more concentrated of Life Plankton which is rich in 35 nutrients and has the capability to boost regenerative system in our skin. The results on the skin?
- Deeply hydrated, more bouncy – 92%
- More luminous, full of life – 90%
- Boost hydration routine efficiancy – 80%
The Aquasource range is Biotherm’s best seller, 1 sold at every 7 seconds. Their design is inspired by the shape of water droplet and this serum is enriched with millions of shimmering micro-pearls to enhance the skin’s brighteness and luminosity.
Michelle shared with us the right technique of application and products to use according to skin type. She stressed on our skin is very fragile and we have to treat it gently and provide the best for our skin. She first began with this participant (my bad for not getting her name) and her skin is troubled with acne flaring most on her cheeks, Michelle recommends these steps for day regime.
1. Remove all traces of makeup and sunblock using Biosource Clarifying Cleansing Milk.
2. By using Biosource Tonifying Exfoliating Cleansing Gel to exfoliate away the dirt, dead skin cells and makeup residues. It is recommended to use small circular motions when exfoliating.
3. Tone, prep and remove excess cleanser on the skin with Aquasource Instant Hydration Toning Lotion.
4. Gently spot treat over her flaring acne with Pure-fect Skin Anti-Imperfection Targeted Solution. Only dab over those stubborn acne.
5. Boost skin moisture with Pure-fect Skin Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel. No matter what type of skin you are, your skin always in need of hydration.
6. Finally warm and blend little by little with White D-Tox CC Anti-Redness Color Correction Smoothing Base SPF 50+ PA++. This helps to reduce the redness from the flaring acne by color correcting it and helps to mattify her skin.
Each of us gets personal consultation with Michelle for right skincare of different skin concern. She also gave us to sample many different types moisturiser. She was really friendly and open for questions. Here are some questions that I have asked, this might be some advices useful for you.
1. During the day sunblock is essential, must we use makeup remover to remove it at the end of the day?
Definitely! Many are unaware of such regime but the ingredient such as titanium dioxide is commonly found in our sunblock which creates that shiny film on our skin. At the end of your day, this ingredient may clog your pores therefore it is very important to remove your sunblock with makeup remover.
2. I do have an electronic facial brush that makes cleansing better, do I still have to use exfoliator?
For normal skincare regime, I would recommend to exfoliate 2-3 times a week but if you have an electronic facial brush, its great to exfoliate at least once a week especially on the nose and chin areas. These are the areas you tend to easily get black or whiteheads and they are most likely to be very stubborn to remove. Exfoliating helps to remove and soften them plus daily cleansing will help to reduce them periodically.
3. I have seen two different ways of using sheet masks, one is to use right after cleansing and another is to use after moisturizer. Which is the ideal way?
If you’re using a mask after cleansing your skin, they are prepping your skin to absorb better for skincare you’re going to use after the mask. If you’re using a mask after your moisturizer, it helps to boost your skin properties especially on hydration. Both ways are still capable to improve your skin texture and condition as they are mainly to help to prep or boost your skin.
I would like to thank you Biotherm and Michelle for such informative session. I’m really tempted to try the White D-Tox CC Color Correction Smoothing Base SPF 50+ PA++ after witnessing the mattifying effect and the color correction. To end this session, each of us were given Aquasource Deep Serum (15ml) to try!
Keep yourself updated with Biotherm Malaysia by liking their Facebook below and they are currently giving out samples of Aquasource Deep Serum throughout Malaysia, you’ll just have to spot the Mermaid and Merman around you. They have the latest location updated in their Facebook from time to time.