Brows are perfectly important, they are the frames of your eyes. No matter where I go (unless I’m incredibly lazy/sick) , I would at least draw my brows especially knowing that I have really sparse brows. Filling them in will make my feature look stronger and awaken. Two weeks ago, I picked up this brow pencil from Daiso which has triangular lead. Its nothing new but coming from just MYR 5.00, I’m keen to give it a try because my brow pencil is about to finish too.
It’s basically a brow pencil and there isn’t much information in English. It comes in a blister packaging and there are three shades available grey, dark brown and brown. The shade that I picked is brown which is the lightest shade of all.
When I pick an eye brow pencil, there are two important functions that I look into before purchasing. First that being retractable and second is it comes with spoolie/brush. Why would I look into these functions?
- Retractable – no fuss on sharpening it, just twist for more.
- Spoolie/brush – helps to soften/blend the brows after the pencil. Easy without having to use a separate brush.
See where I’m coming which made me purchase this? This brow pencil has the basics that I need. Although its coming from Daiso, it is made in Korea and I have been using brow pencil from Daiso, it has been working great. The triangular lead is suppose to make application easier and I would think it depends on how precise you want your brows to look like.
To use this brow pencil is simple and easy. You don’t have to follow exactly how I do it, you apply the way you’re comfortable with it. Remember, makeup techniques can be flexible.
- Use the flat surface to draw across the brows.
- Use the thin side for the end of the brows.
- Use the spoolie to soften it for a natural looking brows.
Test, test, test on its staying power on me.
- 8:52AM – Freshly drawn my brows, it looks quite natural. Loving how precise it looks.
- 11:34AM – My t-zone starts to become oily and the beginning of my brows began to fade away.
- 1:17PM – At the arch of my brows began to fade too
- 6:53PM – The beginning and the arch towards the end of my brows faded. No way!
Although it doesn’t seem to last when I did one-day-test, I used it today and it stayed on very well. My brows are still looking great and I think it really depend on your skin type for it to stay on longer. Indeed, this takes much lesser time for me to draw my brows and I’m actually quite happy with it. Not much of a complain for such an affordable brow pencil but the shade is darker from what I expected.
Price: MYR 5.00
- Precise drawings
- Easy two way application
- Darker shade than from the packaging
- Loses it staying power for oily skin types
My Rating: 4.5/5