I received L’oreal Lucent Magique Skin Luminating BB Cream in a sample of 5ml, which I think I might have requested it via Facebook but I have forgotten about it. It reached to me a few days before CNY in my mail. I’m not really a big fan of BB cream but I wanted to give this a try to find out how different this can me. I’m on olive medium skin tone and really worried if this will leave greyish cast like most BB cream does.
“The self-adjusting BB capsules are encapsulated with a blend of skin-perfecting pigments. When activated, it magically evolves to your skintone, revealing not only a flawless finish but a lit-from-within complexion.
Smoothen skin texture
Reduces the appearance of fine lines
All day comfort
Light feel texture
SPF20 PA+++ ” – L’oreal
The texture seems grainy at first which I believe are the encapsulated BB cream but once blended it goes on smooth. I can feel the the encapsulated BB cream melts into my skin as I swatch it and blending it with my finger. From the swatch, you can see, the BB cream does made my skin looked a little white.
Here is how it goes on for the application onto my face using the BB cream with my ELF Powder Brush. As I go on with the application, I get better coverage.
- Before – My naked skin and after applied my day skincare
- Applied – I dabbed on 5 tiny dots of the BB cream around my face and a little more on my dark circles. It blends easily using my brush. My skin seems evened out and the coverage is sheer but I believe its buildable. I didn’t want to apply too thick because I was afraid it could be too heavy for me but I did double apply on my dark circles and acne spots. It doesn’t feel very sticky and pretty light-weight. It doesn’t have much scent to it.
- Set – Since the coverage that I applied here is sheer, I set the BB crem with my foundation powder for more coverage and it blends well with it.
Here is a test on flash photo to see if it does gives the greyish cast. If you look carefully, it does especially on my acne spots where I have double applied the BB cream. Because this has SPF 20, I don’t think it’s advisable to wear this at night especially when you’ll be taking flash photos.
I put this to a one-day test and the lasting power does so much more better than I expected.
- 8:45AM – freshly applied and set it
- 12:01PM – my t-zone area begin to oil up and you can see around my eye area begin to look greyish.
- 4:32PM – my skin becomes more oily than before, you can tell from my shiny brows but the coverage seems to be fine. I blotted my face right after.
- 6:46PM – my skin is all so oily but again the coverage stays put.
The coverage lasted for more longer than I expected, the only thing that it doesn’t have oil controlling properties. This will go great for daily use when you just want to even out your skin tone. I believe this is more suitable for normal and fairer skin tone because with my combination skin, this BB cream doesn’t have oil controlling properties. It keeps my skin hydrated really.
Price: MYR 49.90
Availability: In Watsons, Guardian, major departmental stores and supermarkets.
- Light weight
- Buildable shade
- Lasting coverage
- Doesn’t fully cover acne spots
- Leaves slight greyish cast
- More suitable for normal and fairer skin tone
My Rating: 4/5