Honestly speaking, I’m very into shimmer or highlights recently and totally not afraid of wearing it although I have combination skin. This is especially great for those who have dull skin or wants to achieve the glowing skin. I’m totally into it because I wanted to achieve glowing skin like Koreans which make their skin look radiant and healthy. Mary Kay introduces their new Sheer Dimensions range where they can be your highlighter, blusher or bronzer. The one I have here is Pearls.
What about Sheer Dimensions™ Powder?
Sheer Dimensions™ Powder provides a flawless, high-definition finish – that’s what 9 out of 10 women said about wearing it. They also said:
- 97% said it creates a soft-focus effect and is easy to apply
- 94% agreed it provides all-over luminosity and a camera-ready complexion
- 92% said it does not settle into fine lines, and skin looks fresh and radiant all day.
*Results reflect the percentage of women who agreed with the statement during a one-week independent consumer study.
The Science Behind The Product
- Breakthrough technology has opened the door to create new depth and forms in powder like never before. The three dimensional embossing can achieve heights beyond which traditional pressed technology is known.
- Light-diffusing effect. Allows any skin tone to “come alive” with every shade’s sheer veil of color. Just choose the shade that’s most beautiful to you.
- Pure color. Mary Kay® Sheer Dimension™ Powder delivers color in a highly pure and transparent form that allows women to wear shades they never thought they could. You can’t make a “wrong” choice. So whether you want to look like you’re bathed in candlelight, are fresh from a brisk autumn walk or just returned from an island paradise, the buildable, easy to blend formula makes it easy to create the effect you want.
In addition Mary Kay® Sheer Dimension™ Powder contains:
- Spherical Powders – Give the formula an exceptionally smooth, velvety texture that feels soft and weightless on the skin; won’t settle into fine lines.
- Optical Diffusers – Reflect light for a radiant, soft-focus effect.
- Plant-Derived Ingredient — Known for its skin-softening and hydrating benefits.
Luxurious-feeling formula delivers sheer, all-over luminosity and a camera-ready finish.
This shade is on the pale shimmery pink, its not too shimmery and the powder is pretty fine in texture. Because the shade is more of the pale color, this goes on better as a highlighter instead of a blusher. Through the swatch, it seems like this shade looks really pale over my tan skin. Please do bare in mind that this powder does contain mica and silica.
Here is how I used it and there is a mere difference with the before and after. I didn’t want to over-powdering my face because I did it once and it appears whitish. To use this on a combination to oily skin like me, I have to apply it sparingly. I applied it on my t-zone, apples of my cheek and hollows of my cheek. Personally, I want to have that chubby cheeks (which is why I applied over the hollows of my cheeks) since I have long face shape. Adding dimension over my cheeks will shorten the length.
Because I applied very lightly, you can hardly see it through the camera but if you see it directly onto my face, you can definitely spot it. The powder I would say last pretty well for my combination to oily skin and I purposely applied more on my nose bridge, notice how my nose looks taller throughout the day?
I would recommend this powder as a highlighter for those who have fair to olive skin tone. It will appear too pale over darker skin tones. I was worried that it might be too shimmery for my skin but I find that if I use it sparingly, it does make my skin look much radiant and glowing. I did not develop any irritation or breakout from using this powder. However, if you’re scent sensitive, this powder has crayon-like scent if you sniff it closely but once you applied it, you can hardly smell anything. Overall, I think this powder isn’t too bad and I like how natural it looked on me.
Availability: Mary Kay Beauty Consultants
Interested in Mary Kay Malaysia? Don’t forget to like them below in their Facebook to receive their latest news and update!
- Fine powder, natural looking highlighter
- Creates natural radiant glow
- Doesn’t give any irritation
- Doesn’t break me out
- Over-applying will give make one look very pale/white
- Crayon-like scent
My Rating: 4.5/5
~ ♦ ~