Early January this year, I have shared with Revlon Malaysia that it would be great if they could bring in their ColorStay Concealer when it was newly launched in US and they did! The Revlon ColorStay Foundation is one of the highly raved drugstore foundation of many makeup addicts around the world especially for those who has combination to oily skin (even I ♥ it too!). Its a great foundation even with the weather and humidity in Kuala Lumpur, this foundation last longer than many other foundations. I would expect the same for their concealer and I’m really excited for this!
Here is what Revlon promises for it’s ColorStay Concealer.
- Time release technology formula continually conceals flaws, imperfections and dark circles for flawless-looking skin all day long.
- Flexible liquid formula moves with your skin and wears up to 24 hours.
- Feels ultra light weight – never dry or cakey with no rubbing off flaking or fading.
- In Malaysia, it comes in three shades – Light Medium, Medium, Medium Deep
It comes in a tube form and doe foot applicator just like your lip glosses. The shade that I have here is Light Medium which is slightly lighter than my skin tone but its alright once its blended. Its a concealer with yellow undertone and the texture is not runny at all, the thickness is almost like its foundation.
Here is how I apply it, very simple steps.
- Bare Face – where I only applied my skin care products.
- Apply Concealer – Its like war paint on my face, just apply the concealer directly from the doe foot applicator on my under eye, acne scars, nose bridge, sides of my nose and sides of my lips.
- Blended – I just blend the concealer with my finger and I find that it doesn’t blend on smoothly on the under eye area, I can only keep dabbing otherwise I will be excessively tugging it. On the other areas it blends on easily, it finishes off powdery and slightly dewy.
- Set With Powder – Powder all over my face with foundation powder to set in everything.
Let’s check on its lasting power throughout the day. I hold up my fringe just see how the concealer covers up my acne scars.
- 8:56PM – Freshly applied the concealer and finished with the rest of my makeup.
- 12:00PM – It began to crease on my under eye and it doesn’t have oil control because my t-zone began to oil up but the coverage is still good.
- 4:28PM – It creases even more on my under eye and the concealer starts to wear off a bit at the sides of my nose.
- 6:28PM – The redness at the sides of my nose shows a bit more from the previous update but other than that the coverage is still good.
It does contain Salicylic Acid which is an ingredient treat acne and silica. Seems like its Paraben free.
I love the coverage of the concealer, it can be medium to high coverage. Since it creases on my under eye, I reckon it is too thick for that area and if you insist, you can apply the concealer thinly but it will not be high coverage. Only on the areas like my under eye and sides of my nose is where the concealer doesn’t stay put but the rest of the area stays on very well. It doesn’t have strong oil control properties, I recommend to use primer or foundation that has oil controlling property before using this concealer if oiliness is your concern. It doesn’t dry out or irritates my skin.
Retail Price: MYR 39.00
Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Carings, Sasa, major departmental stores and selected pharmacies.
Show your support to Revlon Malaysia by liking their Facebook below!
- Medium to high coverage
- Lasting coverage more than 9 hours
- Paraben free
- Great for treating acne for the salicylic acid ingredient
- Don’t irritate my kin
- Creases on my under eye
- Wears off on the sides of my nose
- No oil controlling properties.
My Rating: 4.3/5
~ ♦ ~
This concealer has been provided by Revlon for review purposes, kindly refer disclaimer.