Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation is by far my most favourite and never regret buying at all. The one that I have purchase was in the shade Warm Golden which turned out to be a tad bit dark for me after a few month using it. Many also asked where did I purchase the one in pump bottle, I actually repackaged it where it is more hygienic and easier to use. If only Revlon changes the packaging of this bottle, I’m sure it will be an ease for many of us. Although I love this foundation so much, I have never reviewed it but this time I’m reviewing the new improved formula with Time Release Technology.
What does the new formula do?
- Breakthrough patented SoftFlex™ comfort technology provides a cushioning polymer complex that is so lightweight and comfortable, you will forget you are wearing makeup.
- Patented “won’t rub off” technology, does not rub off on clothing
- Helps even out skin tone and texture for a smooth, flawless finish. A light to medium coverage that does not look or feel heavy. Softens the look on pores and minor imperfections.
- New time release technology to keep your makeup in place for up to 24 hours
- Higher SPF, SPF 15 Combination /Oily
- Contains Vitamin E and Bisabolol for healthy skin and calming properties
Just like the older version of this foundation, it comes in a glass bottle like this and let me tell you that this time the foundation seems to be thicker.
Just bare in mind that this foundation contains alcohol, silica and Paraben. Sand Beige is a shade too fair for me but I could still tolerate with this shade. This shade has pink undertone and the coverage is medium to high, totally buildable.
Let’s take a look on how it turns out during the application.
- Naked skin – My face without makeup, just applied skincare.
- Applied foundation – I applied the foundation using a stippling brush and look at that coverage! It does conceal (but not completely) my dark circles, acne scars and redness. The foundation finish isn’t matte, slightly dewy as you can see over my forehead and my cheeks.
- Set with Powder – Sweep lightly using my foundation powder and the foundation now doesn’t look as fair, slightly mattified too.
- 8:54AM – Freshly applied the foundation and the rest of my makeup.
- 11:54AM – A quick update before I head out for lunch. My face oil slightly seep through on my nose and I blotted it away right after. The rest of my face is not oily yet. The coverage is still looking good!
- 3:14PM – The weather is superb humid outside and my T-zone began to oil up. The coverage seems intact but it faded underneath my nose a little bit. Blotted away the oil right after.
- 6:26PM – Got back home and I’m getting more oily on the T-zone. The coverage is still as good as the previous update.
This foundation is as good as I have remembered it. The coverage seems to last longer than the previous version, although my face oil seeps through it but this is considered one of the best ones that I ever had. At one time I accidentally sweep my face across my BF’s shoulder, a tiny bit of foundation did transfer onto his white polo tee. What the next best thing about this foundation is it doesn’t oxidize and the foundation remains the same just as how I applied on. I did not develop any irritation from using this foundation although my cheek area is slightly sensitive. There are 5 shades available for this foundation and this is the lightest of them all.
Retail Price: MYR 59.00
Weight: 30ml/1.0 fl.oz
Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, major departmental stores and selected pharmacies.
Love their foundation as much as I do? Support Revlon Malaysia in their Facebook below to receive their latest updates!
- Blends easily
- Medium to high coverage
- Covers dark circles, acne scars and redness very well
- Lasting coverage
- Doesn’t oxidize
- Does transfer onto clothing
- Contains alcohol, silica and Paraben.
My Rating: 4.8/5
~ ♦ ~
This foundation has been provided by Revlon for review purposes, kindly refer disclaimer.