Revlon has been doing great on their lip products ever since their lip butters ( I love their foundation the most!). I’m on the watch for Revlon’s latest no matter if I ever have to be sneaky in the drugstore to get swatches, taking notes and snapping photos, which most of the time is prohibited but the risk is where all the excitement comes from. The latest lipstick range of Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick launched for more than a week now and I’m sharing a review with you!
“Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick, a one-step, ultra comfortable lipstick that last for up to 16 hours, giving lips a velvety, suede look that looks AND feels good!
It contains a lip ingredient complex of Shea Butter, Vitamin E and Aloe that provides instant moisture to lips – so lips look hydrated, not dry, flaky or dull. In fact, 92% of women tested felt lips look more conditioned!
Using Revlon ColorStay technology, ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick provides hours of food-proof wear with even application for full, creamy color coverage. And with 8 on-trend shades to choose from Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick is the perfect mix of fashion and function!”
The shade that I have here is WomensWear which is one of the four upcoming shades in a few months time. For the existing 8 shades that is already available, you may check on the swatches here. WomensWear is a metallic medium pink suitable for day or night wear.
Here is how it turns out on my lips. The shade is very pretty and I was told that this is a semi-matte lipstick. The matte finish doesn’t come the moment I applied the lip color but it mattifies after a minute or two. It’s buttery and glides easily on my lips. It does transfer before it mattifies, once it become matte it doesn’t transfer because I noticed that my cup doesn’t have any lipstick stain.
Here you could see the matte finish of the lipstick and run a-day test with this lipstick.
- 9:08AM – I realise that the lipstick doesn’t feel heavy and when I press my lips together, it gets sticky.
- 12:11PM – A quick update before I go for my lunch. The lipstick began to look frosty and this is after I had take a few sips of my drinks.
- 1:20PM – Came back from lunch and the lipstick did fade but half of it remains. It also began to settle on the lines and looked much more frosty. I re-applied the lipstick again.
- 6:27PM – My lips began to look cakey, blotchy and uneven.
The staying power is impressive after eating and drinking but at the end of the day, the result of it being cakey, blotchy and uneven just disappoints me. I gave a thought I could have possibly applied the lipstick too thick on my lips. Then I decided to run a second test.
Second test is where I applied the thinnest layer that I could and still getting adding color to my lips.
- 8:50AM – Freshly applied, yet to mattify.
- 12:04PM – Before heading to lunch. The lipstick looks really nice and natural, the metallic shades adds beautiful shine to my lips.
- 1:49PM – Came back from lunch and this time the lipstick fades off more than half. Mostly on my inner lips is all gone and I re-applied as thin layer as I can.
- 6:38PM – The lipstick settles in the lines, cakey, blotchy and uneven.
Looks like it gave the same result on the second test.
Here is the ingredients listing for your reference.
I want to love this lipstick for its lasting wear but I didn’t like towards the end result where it became cakey, blotchy and uneven. In my opinion, I think this shade suits fair to medium skin tones. Matte lipsticks are great for thick lips but ain’t suitable for dry lips.
Retail Price: MYR 36.00
Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, departmental stores and selected pharmacies.
Support Revlon Malaysia by liking their Facebook below!
- Buttery and glides easily during application
- Long lasting wear up to more than 9 hours
- Becomes cakey, blotchy and uneven at the end of the day
- Settles in between lip lines
My Rating: 3.8/5
~ ♦ ~
This lipstick was given complimentary during the launch of Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede Lipstick, kindly refer disclaimer.