The Revlon PhotoReady range has now widen to BB creams. I saw this BB cream available at Watsons late last month and was really tempted to grab it. There are three shades available which is Light, Light Medium and Medium. There are mixed reviews on this BB cream and let’s see how it worked on me.
Benefits and The Features of this BB cream is:
- A multi-benefit that gives you perfected skin without all the layers
- HYDRATES like moisturizer
- SMOOTHES like primer
- COVERS like foundation
- BLURS FLAWS like concealer
- PROTECTS with SPF 30 like sunscreen
- Translucent photochromatic bend and reflect light so skin looks radiant and flawless in any light
- Recommendation: Apply before foundation for a better result
It comes in a silver tube which I think its find and the cream is not runny that it could flow out easily from it. Please be aware that this BB cream does contain Paraben.
The shade that I have here is called Medium which is the darkest shade available. Through swatch, I could see that it has pink undertone to it and the texture is creamy but not too rich that it feels oily. Seems like it matches my skin tone on my arm.
Let’s see how it turns out on my skin.
- Naked Skin – I have already applied my day skin care
- Apply & Blend – I have squeezed the BB cream on to my forehead, under-eye, sides of my nose, nose, cheeks and chin, then blend it with my ELF Powder Brush (flat top brush).
- Finished – The BB cream feels light on my skin but the shade is too dark for my face skin tone. It helps to even out and has slight dewy finish but there isn’t much coverage at my under eye area, sides of my nose and acnes.I even tried double apply on my under eye.
What I like about this BB cream that it doesn’t really give white cast like many other BB cream does and it doesn’t really reflect light very much. It does reflect on the high points of my face.
However it doesn’t last long on me and because it has slight dewy finish, I have also applied oil-free foundation powder.
- 8:50AM – Starts my day with fresh makeup, of course with the BB cream
- 11:54AM – In just a few hours, my face is extremely oily. Bare with me that I have combination skin and used about 3-4 sheets of blotting papers to get rid of the oil.
- 3:04PM – My face is still oily and the redness on my under eye and sides of my noses is showing more. Again, I blotted using 3-4 sheets of blotting papers.
- 6:59PM – The BB cream wears off almost looked like I have only tinted moisturize and again, my skin is very oily here.
I would say that this BB cream may be suitable for normal to dry skin types. The coverage didn’t last as I expected and it doesn’t have oil control properties. Its more on sheer natural coverage like a tinted moisturizer. Great thing about this BB Cream that it doesn’t give white cast and doesn’t oxidize. The BB cream is light weight and goes on smoothly when I blend it with my brush.
Retail Price: MYR 45.00
Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Sasa, departmental store and selected pharmacies.
I have always supported Revlon very much, do you? If you would like to be updated with their latest buzz, don’t forget to like Revlon Malaysia Facebook below!
- Light weight
- Smooth blending
- Doesn’t give white cast
- Doesn’t oxidize
- No oil controlling properties
- Coverage wears off pretty fast
- Sheer coverage
- Pricey for selective people
My Rating: 3.8/5
~ ♦ ~
This BB cream has been provided by Revlon, kindly refer disclaimer.