Powder are crucial when it comes to setting your liquid foundation to make it last longer and greater staying power. With foundation powder, it gives much more coverage and you can also wear it alone. They are much different from normal translucent loose powder because they do come in different shades. This time, I’ll be sharing with you a powder foundation, SilkyGirl Magic BB White Powder Foundation SPF30/PA++.
Magic BB White Powder Foundation’s main ingredient, Β-White is an innovative ingredient that effectively brightens and lightens skin tone with continuous usage. Besides that, Silica absorbs sebum to ensure you have shine-free skin all day; Vitamin E keeps skin moist, soft and younger-looking; and SPF 30/PA++ protects from harmful UV rays. Meanwhile, Kernel Butter protects and repairs skin, and White Lily Extract provides moisturizing effects to the skin. The Magic BB White Powder Foundation gives a natural and matte finish, is shine-free and fragrance free, and is formulated for Asian skin. Available in 4 shades – Ivory, Natural, Medium and Rose Beige.
The casing quality is very decent and the size is lengthy because it has separate compartment for the powder and sponge. This foundation powder is pressed and I hardly use sponges but I still keep it for emergency cases. It also comes with a full length mirror (which I love the most) and clasp to secure the case tightly.
On before, I have already gone through my skin cares and applied BB cream. I simply use my powder brush, swirl over the foundation powder then dust it all over my face. The shade that I got here is Natural which suits my skin very much. It does help to even out my skin tone and it provides sheer to medium matte coverage, as you can see my acne scars and redness on the sides of my nose are still peeking through.
Testing it for an entire day and hrmph…not as what I expected.
- 8:54AM – Freshly applied the foundation with the rest of my makeup. Please bare with those poofy eyes in the morning.
- 11:31AM – My t-zone area began to be oily and the redness underneath my nose is already showing. I blotted away the oil right after.
- 1:16PM – Just got back from lunch, outside was really warm and humid. My face is shiny all over and the redness at the sides of my nose is much more visible. Also, blotted all the oils right after.
- 6:53PM – It creases on my under eye area and loses its coverage very much on my nose area, my t-zone is so shiny!
This powder does contain talc, mica, Paraben and it is made in Thailand.
I’m not sure how will it turn out if you pre-applied liquid foundation first but it didn’t work on so well for me wearing it alone with BB cream. The texture is light, smooth and provides matte finish. What didn’t go well is the lasting power, it started to fade within 2 hours and it hardly controls oil.
Availability: Watsons, Guardian, Carings, Sasa, major departmental stores and selected pharmacies.
- Good quality casing despite the affordable price
- Light and smooth texture
- Matte finish
- Starts to fade within 2 hours
- Doesn’t control oil
- Contains Paraben
My Rating: 3.5/5
~ ♦ ~
This foundation has been provided by SilkyGirl for review purposes, kindly review disclaimer.