“Burberry Velvet Foundation gives the skin a soft-focus velvet finish that lasts all day. Inspired by the iconic trench coat, its lightweight, breathable texture gives gentle protection from the natural elements. The innovative oil-free formula uses wild rose extract to hydrate and regenerates dry skin and effortlessly combines long wear with extreme comfort. Gelled oil components and innovative silicone elastomer create a supple and soft finish. Frosted bottle with matte lid reflects the foundation’s formula and finish Gunmetal lid features the iconic Burberry check.” – Burberry
- Effortless long-lasting coverage – high pigment concentration for effortless coverage, east to apply and blend
- Smooth velvet finish – gelled oil components and innovative silicone elastomer create a supple, soft finish, water-resistant formula provides long-lasting protection from the elements, Wild Rose extract moisturises and regenerates dry skin
- Frosted bottle with matte lid reflects the foundation’s formula and finish Gunmetal lid features the iconic Burberry check.
Burberry Beauty just shared with us their Autumn Winter 2012 Collection and I was pampered with their makeover, find out more here. I was provided with this foundation which is in the shade Trench No.204, a shade darker than what was used on me during the makeover. During the makeover, it was Trench No.203 which appears slightly darker than my skin tone. This foundation comes in a frosted bottle with pump and the pump head can be twisted to lock which is definitely a plus point.
This is how much for a pump of the foundation. On natural lighting, it seems like it has pink undertone. However, with camera flash, the foundation appears with slight yellow undertone. It has a light baby powder scent to it and once blend on to the skin, the foundation dries up pretty fast. The texture is slightly thick too.
Here’s a before and after of the foundation application and I did use face primer (Benefit Porefessional) before the foundation. On before is my naked skin and you’ll be able to see my acne spots on my forehead and cheek as well as redness on the sides of my nose. On the after, my skin looks even but its pretty visible that the foundation is very much darker than my skin tone. It’s much more obvious if you compare my face and neck. The coverage is medium because my acne spots is still peeking through the foundation.
I tried the foundation to test the lasting power and coverage while I was out running errants. Although with combination skin, my skin gives way if I perspire.
- 1:34PM – This is where I have freshly applied the foundation
- 4:17PM – My t-zone starts to oil up and blotted the excess oil right after. Coverage is still good.
- 9:10PM – I was outside where it starts to get warm and I began to perspire. My entire face was soaked with bits of sweat and oil. I have blotted my face right after and my acne spot is slightly more visible.
- 12:09AM – My surrounding is much cooler and I still get oily on my t-zone. Coverage wise is still as good as it was taken on 9:10PM.
Here is a comparison of before and after wearing it for 10.5 hours in total and there is no touching up with the same foundation or powder.
Ingredients Listing: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasil. Talc, Butylene Glycol. Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetyl Per/PPG- 10/1 Dimethicone,Polymethyl Methacrylate, Sorbitan Sesquiloleate, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aluminium/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, PPG-25-Laureth-25, Sodium Chloride, Streath-21, Polymethysilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Rosa Canina Fruit Extract, Nelumbo Nuficera Root Extract, Disodium Edta, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxycitronellal, Parfum(Fragrance), (+/-) May contain CI 77891, (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI77492, CI77499(Iron Oxides), CI77007(Ultramarines)
I really like the coverage although it doesn’t have oil controlling properties because I do have the tendency to blot my face every now and then but of course, best if I don’t have to. The coverage indeed lasted very well after all the excess oil and perspiration but the matte finish didn’t. After applying it, my skin does feel soft and velvety. My backlash at this point is the shade was too dark for me. I looked super tan with this shade.
Retail Price: MYR175.00
Weight: 30ml/1 fl.oz.
Collection Status: Permanent
Availability: Isetan KLCC
- Pump bottle head with twist lock
- Matte and velvety finish after application
- Lasting coverage
- Easy to blend
- Doesn’t irritate skin
- No oil controlling properties
- Matte finish didn’t last
My rating: 4.6/5
~ ♦ ~
This foundation was provided by Burberry for review purposes, please refer disclaimer.