Berjaya Times Square have delighted us with the launch of Beauty Zone in 1st Avenue with a collective of beauty brands to serve you with their flagship products and services. New and existing brands worldwide comes together to form Beauty Zone for you to discover skin care to make-up
With this launch, we get to attend the special effect make-up course by SUB International which is located at Lot 08-55, No.08-63, Level 8.
SUB International School of Beauty & Make-up offers more than 20 professional courses and is well equipped with the latest technology, teaching skills and materials. All classes are guided by qualified tutors and our goal is to train SUB’s students according to international standards and trends of the beauty industry. – SUB Beauty International
Other than offering courses, they do have their very own brand of skin care, make-up line, make-up brushes, makeup sponges & puffs, train case, scented candle and many more. Support SUB International by liking their Facebook below!
This special effect make-up course was conducted by Miyuki Ng who is a Make-up Tutor for SUB International with 10 years experience in this industry. Her work has been shown in numerous makeup shows as well as iFeel magazine. She is also the Branch Manager for SUB International School located in Sunway.
Here’s the list of what we’ve learned from the special effect make-up course where Miyuki have enlighten most of us that to create special effect, we don’t have to purchase make-up or products that are specially made for special effects. We could just get DIY with simple ingredients from the kitchen. Below is some interesting gory effects.
By mixing water, tapioca flour and red food colouring powder in a mixing bowl, she has created fake blood. Tapioca flour acts as a thickening agent and the red food colouring powder adds colour to the mixture replicating the colour of blood. Heating up the mixture in low heat could also help to thicken it more. Red food colouring liquid can be used and may not need water in this case.
Apply some glue and add bits of cotton over it then layer on with the fake blood that was made earlier. Use the spatula to push around the cotton and add more food colouring powder if needed to add the colour intensity to the effect. This creates an effect of burned skin.
To create heavily burned skin, repeat the same steps as how to create burned skin but this time, just use more cotton. Prick the cotton upright to create an illusion of badly charred skin.
I never thought it could be this easy to create a bullet hole. Repeat the same steps for burned skin effect but this time, shaped the cotton into an ‘O’. Carefully adjust the shape with the spatula as you go on and there it is, a bullet hole! I accidentally deleted the photo of all three effects but I do hope you get the idea of how it looks like.
To create slit wrist effect, just roll up two thin cottons and repeat the steps on how to create burned skin. Super easy to fake a slit wrist huh?
After the course, we had our break at Starbucks with their muffins, croissants and sandwiches in 1st Avenue. Everyone were treated with a makeover session by SUB International and I was very lucky to have Miyuki to get my hair done!
Beauty Zone in 1st Avenue is filled with these brands!
- MaskSlim – a concept store with tons of variety masks for skin and slimming products. Their beauty specialist will guide you through what type of mask will suit you best.
- AGift with Care – a corporate social responsibility project which aims to create personal care series product and fragrances that provides employment for the special people/
- Savee – comes from Singapore, earns their reputation locally and internationally including Hong Kong, China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Paraguay for its ‘Go Green’ outlook and quality in their skin care and makeup. They are giving away complimentary makeup vouchers, collagen cream or charcoal mask to reward shoppers for every MYR20 spent at this kiosk in Berjaya Times Square.
- Mozz Perfume Collection – carries a range of premium quality fragrances from all over Europe. Gift sets are priced from MYR99.00 onwards.
- Holika Holika – Korea’s number one cosmetic brand famous for its Magic Pole Mascara. Many types of gift hampers available priced from MYR100.00 – MYR180.00.
- Whitney International Academy – founded by Dr. Zhou Lihui, a member of Malaysia World Chinese Business Women’s Association. This brand aims to provide professional make-up courses to contribute towards internalization of Malaysia’s make-up artists.
- Flormar – make-up manufactured in Turkey with Halal certification and was established in Milan in 1970s. There are 200 outlets available in more than 60 countries across 4 continents. Current promotion of MYR1 Flormar nail polishes (limited to 1 unit er shopper per day on first come first serve basis) and for above MYR80.00 purchases, you’ll receive additional products!
1st Avenue is the official host for this season’s redemption and Berjaya Times Square wants you to give you more as you shop.
- *A Whiff of Enhancement – Spend a minimum of MYR250.00 in no more than 2 same day receipts and redeem a limited edition aromatherapy gift set.
- *Be the Fairest of Them All – Spend a minimum of MYR100.00 in no more than 2 same day receipt and receive a free makeover by SUB International
*Limited redemption are available at the Information Counter 1st Avenue on a first come first serve basis, while stocks last. For complete terms and conditions, please refer to the Info Board or visit Berjaya Times Square website.
- Dazzle & Win – Pose and snap a photo right after your makeover with SUB International at their photo booth in 1st Avenue to win professional makeup courses, prizes from Whitney International Academy, AGift With Care and Etude House exceeding MYR35,000.00. Share your photo on Berjaya Times Square website or their Facebook to be the lucky ones!
Keep yourself updated with the latest update from Berjaya Times Square by liking their Facebook below!