‘Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in , from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just the world of beauty, but around the world.’
That is Aveda’s mission pledged strongly by them on what they believed in. I have participate this exclusive event knowing that StreetLove is collaborating with them to share about a pampering hair session with Aveda. Not only that I wanted to learn more of Aveda, I’m also there to support StreetLove.
They have ritual stations with neck, hand and scalp massage, its really pampering. I particularly like the blue oil where it is applied during the neck massage where it doesn’t only smell good but it has gentle cooling sensation right after.
Dressed in royal blue, there is Fiona of StreetLove catching up with her readers before the event starts.
Linda, the General Manager of Aveda began the event introducing to us about Aveda. The word ‘Aveda’ is not an English language but adapted from Sanskrit. They have products from skin care, body care to hair care and styling. One of the Aveda outlet in Japan has their very own salon, spa and cafe all together in one, how awesome is that? In 2013, Aveda has already won 11 awards locally from various media publication such as Harper’s Bazaar, Women’s Weekly, Cleo and more.
Adrian Sin, one of the trainer for Aveda helps us to understand about our hair structure and different types of hair concern. Little did I know that it is common that we shed 150-200 strands of hair daily and I freaked out for no reason for my hair that shed approximately less than 50 strands daily from shampooing, combing, styling and some were found on my bed.
He then introduces Invati solution for such hair loss problems. Invati means invigorate in Sanskrit and this solution has proven to reduce hair loss using unique blends of herbs from Ayurveda theraphy, a tradition from India of 5,000 years ago.
- Invati Exfoliating Shampoo – helps to clean the scalp removing product build-up and sebum with wintergreen-derived salicylic acid where it helps to unclog pores.
- Invati Thickening Conditioner – helps to thicken and strengthen each hair strand with arginine derived from sugar beets and soy protein, hence it reduces the chances of hair breakage. This conditioner is applied towards the scalp onwards.
- Invati Scalp Revitalizer – is a tonic to be applied after towel-dried hair. It helps to revitalise and rehabilitate the scalp around the hair follicles with turmeric and ginseng, creating the best environment for healthy hair.
Along with the event, we had a fun contest to play with. Before we start on it, Adrian explained that we have two choices to style our hair to straight or curly and the right products to use and steps to follow before and after styling our hair. We are reminded to use the correct steps in order to pass the test.
These are the products to use. Let me brief you through for both styles on the right product to use.
- Straight hair
- Prep hair with Smooth Infusion Style-Prep Smoother
- Apply Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener before styling hair
- Once finish styling with hair tools, set the hair with Light Elements Smoothing Fluid
- Curly hair
- Prep hair with Be Curly Style-Prep
- Apply Be Curly Curl Enhancer before styling hair
- Once finish styling with hair tools, set the hair with Be Curly Curl Enhancing Hair Spray
These are the hot tools given to style our hair. I have chosen to curl my hair but because the curling tongs are limited, I have used hair straightener to curl my hair instead. My bad for not capturing before and after, but I’m happy with how I did my hair. You can see how it turn out for me in my Instagram, here. We were given 45 minutes to get our hair done and had the opportunity for our photos to be taken.
Aveda team has given us special offer exclusively just for this event with two different types of promotion.
For the contest, these are the winners! Congratulations and winners are chosen based on the correct products that they have used and hairstyle that matches to Aveda concept. Winners hairstyles are simple, neat and well-defined. I really enjoyed myself learning about Aveda and facts about hair that I didn’t come across. Thank you Aveda and StreetLove!
Please give your like to my beauty blogger buddy StreetLove and she’ll be more than just happy with your support!