Alright this is the recipe that I have promised. Please do enjoy this recipe. Just a friendly notice, this cake is not suitable for Muslims to consume because it contains liqueur.
- 1 packet of Maltesers
- 15 pieces butter biscuits
- 58 grams salted butter
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 30 ml Frangelico (liqueur) /Baileys
- 200 ml whipped cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1½ tablespoon of gelatin powder
- 50 grams chocolates
- 10 grams butter
- Crush all butter biscuits
- Crush Maltesers. Keep a few for decoration purposes.
- Combine crushed biscuits and Maltesers with 58 grams butter.
- Press the mixture onto a 9-inch spring form pan as crust. Press it evenly and chill for an hour.
- Using double boiling method, melt chocolate and 10 grams butter. Keep the heat on until the chocolate mixture is in use.
- Whisk whipped cream and leave in the freezer to chill.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix with lemon juice and vanilla essence.
- Mix gelatine powder with boiling water
- Add gelatine mixture into the cream cheese mixture and combine.
- Fill in cold whipped cream into the mixture.
- Pour ¼ of chocolate mixture and Frangelico/Baileys into the mixture. Mix everything evenly.
- Pour half of the mixture over the crust and half of the remaining chocolate mixture. Spread it using marbling technique.
- Repeat step 8, pouring the remaining mixtures.
- Double boiling method is one of the cooking method to melt ingredients. What you need is a pot, metal/glass bowl that be able to stand heat and water. Just fill water into the pot, use the bowl to cover the rim of the pot. Make sure the size of the bowl is big enough so that it will not sunk into the pot. Place ingredients to be melt into the bowl. Use slow heat throughout the process.
- Marbling is a form of technique to create pattern. It can be use in many form of art such as art painting, nail painting, cake decorating, coffee decorating and many more.
I hope everyone learn something from this recipe. Have fun with this and good luck!