Charcoal is the blackish residue consisting of impure carbon obtained by removing water and other volatile constituents from animal and vegetation substances.
Charcoal is usually produced in slow pyrolysis where the process is called “coalification”. The result? Soft, brittle , lightweight, black, porous material resembles as coal and is 85% to 98% carbon with the remainder consisting of volatile chemical and ash.
Activated charcoal, also known as activated charcoal or activated coal, is processed carbon from charcoal, where it is extremely porous and have a large surface area for adsorption or chemical reactions. It is commonly used in skincare products, medical purposes and etc,. Activated charcoal is far more superior than clays. It naturally soothes and absorbs environmental toxin deep within.
How to make Charcoal Mask/Scrub:
- Use two charcoal tablets (you may easily get them from your local drugstore).
- Add approximately ½ to 1 teaspoon of water. Leave it a few minutes. It will start to bubble as it absorbs water.
- Add a squirt of aloe vera gel.
- Add a squirt of honey.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar. Try not to use salt as it dehydrates your skin
- Mix the ingredients together.
- Apply on your face and leave it until dry approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- Wash off the mask. While washing of massage face using circular motion for the sugar to scrub your skin.
- Dry, tone and moisturize your face.
I strongly recommend this for combination to oily skin type. Take good care of your skin and stay beautiful!
Enjoy and good luck!